Monday, May 28, 2012

Going Nowhere Fast

I've been so very busy and have very little to show for it.  It's been one of those weeks where I have multiple projects started but not finished.  The weather is not cooperating with my painting projects.  The house seems to be in an eternal state of disarray.  I feel a bit scattered brain as I work on the projects or bemoan the fact that I can't and I'm trying to wrap up the school year and get ready for the summer program.  All in all, I'm busy and for the most part I love it.  This morning I decided I would finish at least two projects.  One was to finish the new cafe curtains I made for the kitchen.  I don't have pictures because even though they're finished, my kids commandeered the curtain rod and the old curtain to use for a puppet show.  Some things just take precedence around here and puppet shows...well they trump all.

The second project was the lamp!  I have some lamps that I bought years ago.  I really liked them but I've grown bored with them and the color scheme in my bedroom has changed so I decided to redo one and sell it with the bedroom furniture I'm working on.  So this is what she looked like before:


Before

And this is what she looks like today:

After
What I like best is that she's so girly now.  Perfect for the girl's bedroom set.  I love the way the silver paint brings out the details.  The shade took three rolls of ribbon and was so much fun to do.  I hope to finish some more projects throughout the week so be sure to check in again soon.

Linking up with my favorites:

My Repurposed Life
Remodelaholic 
DIY Home Sweet Home


2 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty! The shade looks awesome!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Just wait until you see what I have in store for this Friday:)

      Delete