Monday, January 16, 2012

The Ugly Duckling

We've had this table since we were first married.  It belonged to my mother-in-law and at some point my husband came to have it in his apartment before we married.  It's never been my favorite but it's served it's purpose.  It's been a side table, a night stand for various children, a table for the printer and it has always been ugly.  I thought when I first saw it that it had potential and that I would refinish it someday.  Fast forward 13 years (and I do mean fast, the years just flew by) and I'm ready.  So the plan for this baby?  Blue/grey paint with metallic dry brush, glass knobs on the drawer and wait for it....a mirror on top!  It's going to be sooo glamorous.  


I will name her Willamina! (after my MIL)


 
Of course I couldn't stop there.  I'm a big picture kinda gal.  So I got these for a song ($10.00 for both) on Craigslist.  Aren't these (there's two of them) headboards just about the ugliest thing you've ever seen?  They're covered in vinyl.  I'll have to post the fabric I choose soon so you can imagine (if you have an imagination...which I'm sure you do) how elegant it's all going to look when it comes together. 



They shall be known as The Twins!




There is even more, but that will wait for another post.  I'm already working on these.  I can't wait to see and share the finished pieces!  See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment